Move To Next Trial

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things or how to fix problems in PSYKINEMATIX 1.0

Move To Next Trial

Postby englishmatt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:34 pm

I am building a experiment where I would like to record a user response to each trial, but automatically move on to the next trial if a response is not made within an ISI window. I am using a variable [ISI] to define a range of ISI values. This appears to be working OK. However, the ISI is not being 'triggered' until after the subject makes a response. I have set Move to Next Trial to Automatic in the Experiment/Control Settings window, but am unsure as to what else needs to be changed. Any help gratefully appreciated.

-- Matt

P.S. Not sure how to upload an experiment file -- if that would help, then please advise.
englishmatt

Re: Move To Next Trial

Postby psykinematix » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Dear Matt,

The ITI always applies once the subject has provided a response. To restrict the response to a time-window, you should use instead the "Time-Limited" option available in the "Trial Properties" section as highlighted in the attached screenshot of the procedure panel.

Hope this helps!

-- The Psykinematix Support Team
Attachments
TimeLimitedResponse.png
TimeLimitedResponse.png (77.21 KiB) Viewed 16198 times
psykinematix
Site Admin

Postby englishmatt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks! Just to clarify - would this option define a fixed response period in addition to the jittered ISI I am using, or would the ISI start as soon as the actual response was made (or after the specified response period if no response was received)?From your response, I am assuming the latter.

Thanks again for a quick response on a holiday week!

-- matt
englishmatt

Postby psykinematix » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:57 pm

The "Time-Limited" option specifies a fixed response period in the post-stimulus interval, and the ISI/ITI starts only after this period or as soon as the subject response depending on the "Ends Stimulus/Trial" check box. If you need to specify this response period using a variable, then we will have to add this feature because this is not supported yet. Let us know!

Hope this helps!

-- The Psykinematix Support Team

ps: Not a holiday week in the Great White North :(
psykinematix
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting